Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halfway through the worst part...

I sat down with my liter of MoviPrep at 6pm...I had an hour to drink it.  I thought, an hour for a liter...CAKE.  I took one sip, with my nose plugged, through a straw, and gagged immediately.  Good thing I had my Hansen's diet tangerine lime chaser right there.  I was able to salvage that sip without throwing up.  :-/  I started crying...crying and crying and crying.  I couldn't stop...I just felt so overwhelmed with emotion.  I didn't want to be doing that, I didn't want to be doing it alone, but I knew I had to.  So I got myself together and plugged my nose and drank a few more sips...kept sipping til I was gagging, then chased it with my Hansen's.  Repeat about 46 times over the next hour.  Toward the end, I pretended I was on Fear Factor, and if I beat the clock and got it done within the hour, I'd win a million bucks.  LOL...silly, but it worked. 

I realized something.  I shouldn't have been here alone.  I wanted someone here, for moral support.  I thought it would be best for the boys to go to my moms, so they wouldn't have to see me suffer like that.  I was sad they were gone.  I called them after, talked to Blake first, then Nathan, and finally Noah.  When I talked to Noah I cried.  I told him the truth about what happened, and in his sweet precious little voice, he got choked up too and, "Thank you mommy for doing this for me."  That might be the sweetest thing he's ever said to me.  :')

So tomorrow morning, I gotta repeat the whole deal again.  AHHH...

Thanks friends for your thoughts and prayers.

xo
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find extra strength tomorrow morning. Noah is so cute and that made me tear up.

    ReplyDelete